Sunday, July 5, 2009

Journey to "existence"


I finished reading the book"Journey to Ixtlan"to the end.
This story is written so crafty and details are vivid, it can be read without getting tired.
For my English skill, the style of expression is too redundant. It took four days for me to read it.
Only on my own viewpoint,not always
authorized,Heidegger(German philosopher ;existentialism) is closely similar to the way of the thinking of this book.
I thought the difference between "doing" and "not doing"is similar
to Heidegger's term;"sein in der welt"(being in the world).Depending on his philosophy, Human being exists in the tool system and Nature is inevitably looked to as a raw material.
In the scene of this novel, mood of fog ,rock and mountains impressed me. Because it reminded me Mt Osore in Japan. Famous female shaman (channeling) are doing their spiritual activity there.
Talking with coyote , it was "Stopping the World" , I thought the climax of this story was easy a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment