Thursday, July 15, 2010

What was Playmate?

Many magazines have already disappeared. Pin-up magazines may not survive all over the world. I recently founded Playboy(Japanese edition)disappeared from book stores. I have even forgot it, though my acquaintance wrote some articles for it(Japanese edition).

 I worked at publisher in the past, and Playboy came already to be old fashioned in Japan. Playmates were so cute but they were different from "race"in Japan. It was the very high wall of race and taste. At the first, it sold well, but Japanese men lost interest soon. Especially young adult didn't buy it.

 On the other hand, Marilin Monroe (ex-Playmate) is popular in Japan until now. Many people are watching her movie. Actuary it is very subtle how difference there is between to get popularity and to miss it.
 
 I have read the News about "selling of Playboy publishing "just now. Zeitguist will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment