Friday, July 16, 2010

Changing Images of America after a dicade.

My view to America would change every ten year. I am not an expert about America, and also haven't visited there. My assumption about America depends on only a few source. I list three examples for this  20 years as follows.
 1 The book "The End of the History and the Last Man(F.Fukuyama)
 2 I met one American girl by chance.
 3 The book "Liberal Fascism(Jonah Goldberg)"

 1, This book was rather "liberal"and I read it at 1991. I thought American society would recover self-confidence. This book told me that  "America is most progressive and the goal of the world history."
 2 Though she was neat, I felt something bad omen about American society.I would not explain it well to the others. It was something mysterious.Soon later, 9.11 incident occurred.
3 This book astonished me. Will American go back to 18th century? This author goes beyond my image of America. The book"Liberal Fascism" is an American Apocalypse for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment