Sunday, August 1, 2010

Liberal?

The title of the book"Liberal Fascism" sounds odd to me. It is as if "cold summer"or "slow racing car". Why American democrats are called "Liberal"? I can't understand.
 I am sure that Feminists are Fascists. They are so intolerant that they grill Barbie doll for trivial sexism. What on earth are they"Liberal"?
Of course, I understand the definition ,"Liberal means political left". But What does it stem from? I couldn't find the answer in the book "Liberal Fascism".
 In Japan, sometimes students say "He is a sympathetic and flexible teacher". This is the same" He is a liberal teacher". On the other, "He is a square."means "He is conservative". A student needs to be respected on his own initiative. Dewey had much influence in Japanese education system. 
 But Liberal policy of education caused the serious standardization in Japan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment